Pretty Pops for a Healthy Sweet Treat
Updated: Mar 11
Looking forward to our next Nutrition for Cancer Management class with the clients of our nonprofit, WomenCARE, we created these yummy, nutrient packed - and pretty - popsicles for a healthy, low glycemic treat. These popsicles contain both veggies and fruit, along with yogurt and raw honey for added immune boosting ingredients. Quick to make, keep them ready in the freezer for when a healthy, sweet treat is just what you want. Be well!
Green Boost Popsicle
· 1 cup raw spinach
· 1 banana, fresh or frozen
· 1 cup chopped apple
· 1 ¼ cup water
· ½ plain yogurt – whole milk, cashew, or coconut
· 1 Tbs raw honey
Red Yum Popsicle
· ½ cup cooked beets, roasted or steamed
· 1 cup strawberries, fresh or frozen
· ½ cup plain yogurt – whole milk, cashew, or coconut
· ½ cup water
· 2 Tbsp raw honey
· 1 banana
1. Place all ingredients in a blender.
2. Blend well.
3. Pour the liquid into popsicle molds and freeze until solid – at least four hours.
4. To remove the popsicles, run the mold under water for 10 seconds, pulling popsicle away from the mold.
*One popsicle made in 1/3 cup-sized popsicle mold contains 8 grams sugars.